Tener Goodwin Veenema PhD MPH MS CPNP FAAN
Springer Publishing Co.
Loose-Leaf Spiral Binding
Expiration Date: 12/31/2023
CCRNs: This course is eligible for new synergy model Category C.
The goal of Disaster Nursing and Emergency Preparedness is to help you respond to a disaster or public health emergency in a timely and appropriate manner. We have selected 14 chapters (204 pages) from this large text and reproduced them.
I. Disaster Preparedness
• Essentials of Disaster Planning • Emergency Medical Consequence Planning for Special Events, Mass Gatherings, and Mass Casualty Incidents • Legal and Ethical Issues in Disaster Response
II. Disaster Mental Health and HighVulnerability Populations
• Understanding the Psychosocial Impact of Disasters • Management of the Psychosocial Effects of Disasters
III. Global Disasters and Complex Human Emergencies
• Nursing in Disasters, Catastrophes, and Complex Humanitarian Emergencies Worldwide • Natural Disasters • Environmental Disasters and Emergencies • Restoring Public Health Under Disaster Conditions: Basic Sanitation, Water and Food Supply, and Shelter
IV. Disaster Response
• Disaster Triage • Disaster Management • Public Health Emergencies Involving Community Violence and Civil Unrest: Taking Planned Action
V. Disaster Caused by Chemical, Biological, and Radiological Agents
• Biological and Chemical Terrorism • Infectious Disease Emergencies