Mosby's Oncology Nursing Advisor: A Comprehensive Guide to Clinical Practice, Second Edition
Susan Newton, RN, MS, AOCN, AOCNS, et al.
Expiration Date: 12/31/2022
This program is pre-approved by the Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC) to provide continuing education credit to Certified Case Managers (CCMs).
Mosby's Oncology Nursing Advisor covers everything from the various types of cancer and cancer treatment options to patient education and nursing best-practices. With 17 new chapters, updated evidence-based content throughout, and proven patient teaching handouts, this new edition offers guidance to provide the best possible oncology nursing care.
• New updated evidence-based content reflects the latest national and international quality standards regarding various cancer types, major drug and non-drug treatments, treatment protocols, and approaches to symptom management.
• New Nursing Practice Considerations section incorporates information on communication, cultural considerations, ethical considerations, safe and quality care, evidence-based practice, patient navigation, and patient education.
• 17 new chapters cover topics including myelofibrosis, neuroendocrine cancers, tumor treating fields, oral adherence, clinical trials, epistaxis, hypersensitivity reactions, hypertension, hyperglycemia, nail changes, ocular and visual changes, rashes, survivorship, quality and safety, evidence-based practice, nurse navigation, and patient education.
• Detailed descriptions of over 50 major cancer types.
• Coverage of cancer management principles outlines a wide range of treatment and pharmacologic modalities.
• Symptom management guidelines offer in-depth coverage of pathophysiology, signs and symptoms, assessment tools, lab and diagnostic tests, differential diagnoses, interventions, patient
education, follow-up care, and resources for over 30 common symptoms associated with cancer and cancer treatments.
• Essential information on many oncologic emergencies and emergent issues prepares you to respond quickly to structural, metabolic, and hematologic emergencies.
• Section on palliative care and end-of-life issues offers helpful guidelines for dealing with topics related to survivorship, palliative care, the final hours of the cancer patient, and loss, grief, and bereavement.
Comments from Pilot Study Nurses:
- “Thanks for the opportunity to pilot this course. It is a great book, organized, great review for me in my practice.”
- “I liked that hospice/palliative care was included.”
- “The textbook was great! I learned new information and liked how it was organized.”
- “Course is more suited for oncology nurses or nurses with oncology experience.”
- “The material gives hope to patients, families and caregivers with the number of resources which may provide support. The nursing practice considerations are a great addition providing support for holistic care.”
- “Very in depth, way more than I expected.”
- “The textbook is an outstanding reference. It is extremely useful.”
- “The textbook is well researched, well-written and filled with new and relevant information.”
- “Covered a lot of material. Very informative and covered important information. Very good test. Really enjoyed this pilot study.”