Robert D. Anderson, J.D.
Anderson Continuing Education
Loose-Leaf Spiral Binding
Expiration Date: 12/31/2022
Each section meets the 1-hour Florida specialty requirement in administration/supervision. For those certified by ASCP, Section A provides 13 contact hours and Section B 12 contact hours in laboratory management.
Together, Sections A and B satisfy the Florida requirement to earn 25 contact hours in administration/supervision (course must include a test) to upgrade a license from Medical Technologist to Supervisor.
Understanding The Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) of 1988 is designed to clearly explain the complex federal regulations implementing CLIA; to enhance compliance with CLIA regulations; and to help laboratory directors and supervisors prepare for a CLIA survey.
• The course contains all surveyor guidelines which explain how surveyors apply the regulations in the context of clinical laboratory settings.
• The quiz is enhanced by being written by a former CLIA surveyor.
• The course contains 100 summaries of laboratories cited for violating CLIA regulations.
Section A quiz:
• Laboratory Certification • Proficiency Testing • Facility Administration for Nonwaived Testing • Quality Systems for Nonwaived Testing • Analytic Systems: General Requirements • Analytic Systems: Specialty Control Procedures.
Section B quiz:
• Postanalytic Systems • Personnel Requirements for Laboratories Conducting Moderate Complexity Testing • Personnel Requirements for Laboratories Conducting High Complexity Testing • Inspections • Sanctions and Enforcement.