Hemostasis and Thrombosis: Practical Guidelines in Clinical Management
Hussain I. Saba, MD, PhD, et al.
Expiration Date: 12/31/2019
Attention: This book is out of print.
This course meets the Florida 1-hour requirement in hematology.
If you are certified by ASCP, this course provides 12 contact hours in hematology.
If you order this course through the website, you may complete it online even if you ordered the shipped version.
Hemostasis and Thrombosis: Practical Guidelines in Clinical Management is a hugely important, changing and complex area that impacts many other medical specialties and affects at least 10 million people in the United States alone. It is vital for physicians and other healthcare professionals to recognize abnormalities of hemostasis and thrombosis and be able to address these problems in their patients.
This text covers all aspect of the practical management of commonly encountered thrombotic and bleeding disorders, with emphasis on clinical diagnosis, treatment and day-to-day management. The most clinically relevant material including discussions of new and upcoming diagnostic and therapeutic modalities for thrombotic and bleeding disorders has been included in this text.
Table of Contents
- Theories of Blood Coagulation: Basic Concepts and Recent Updates
- Vascular Endothelium, Influence on Hemosiasis: Past and Present
- Coagulation Testing: Basic and Advanced Clinical Laboratory Tests
- Factor VIII Deficiency or Hemophilia A: Clinical Bleeding and Management
- Factor IX Deficiency or Hemophilia B: Clinical Manifestations and Management
- Factor XI Deficiency or Hemophilia C
- Factor VIII and IX Inhibitors in Hemophilia
- Treatment Options for Acquired Hemophilia
- Factor XII Deficiency or Hageman Factor Deficiency
- Inherited Combined Factor Deficiency States
- Acute and Chronic Immune Thrombocytopenia: Biology, Diagnosis, and Management
- Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation: Diagnosis and Management
- Mechanisms of Fibrinolysis and Basic Principles of Management
- Post-thrombotic Syndrome
- Von Willebrand Disease: Clinical Aspects and Practical Management
- Platelets in Hemostasis: Inherited and Acquired Qualitative Disorders
- Contributions of Platelet Polyphosphate to Hemostasis and Thrombosis
- Thrombotic Microangiopathy: Biology, Diagnosis, and Management
- Hemostasis and Aging
- Hemostatic Problems in Chronic and Acute Liver Disease
- Cancer and Thrombosis
- An Update on Low-Molecular-Weight Heparins
Although this text is meant primarily for physicians, the topics presented, in particular the biology and physiology, the differential diagnosis and laboratory detection of the conditions addressed, will be of interest as a reference source to clinical laboratory personnel working in the hematology/coagulation laboratory.
Although the course is advanced, the material is straight-forward and easy to read.