Review of Hemodialysis for Nurses and Dialysis Personnel, 7th Edition
Author: Kallenbach MSN, RN, CNN
Date Published: 2005
Pages: 387 pages
Cover Type: Soft Cover
Review of Hemodialysis for Nurses and Dialysis Personnel, 7th edition, provides a thorough introduction to dialysis, including a review of fluids and electrolytes, principles of dialysis, patient assessment, medications, nutritional management, transplantation, and the important psychosocial aspects of dialysis therapy. The book's hallmark question-and-answer format and clear explanations streamline learning and facilitate review. Chapters on pediatric hemodialysis, end-stage renal disease (ESRD) in the elderly, infection control, and management of quality make this a comprehensive resource.
- Features two new chapters: Clinical Manifestations of ESRD and Laboratory Data: Analysis and Interpretation.
- Includes CMS requirements and guidelines and NKF-K/DOQI guidelines to promote standards of nephrology care.
- Incorporates pharmacologic information.
Please note: The 7th edition of this book is out of print. The 8th edition is now available.
The quizzes for the 7th edition are available for those of you who already own the 7th edition but who haven't yet completed the quiz that goes with it.
The 30 hour quiz is available to be taken online if you get either the "Online Quiz Only" or the shipped "Quiz Only" version.
Hemodialysis Technicians: Anderson Continuing Education is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation. (See Accreditation bar for official statement).
- Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technicians (CCHTs) certified by the Nephrology Nursing Certification Commission (NNCC) may take our courses and get full credit for them because NNCC recognizes ANCC accreditation.
- Clinical Nephrology Technicians (CCNTs) certified by the National Nephrology Certification Organization (NNCO) may take our courses and get full credit for them because NNCO recognizes ANCC accreditation.
- Certified Hemodialysis Technicians (CHTs) certified by BONENT: BONENT considers all home study courses as Category B and it only allows you to use 15 Category B hours in any renewal cycle. This means that even if you complete the 30-hour course, BONENT will only accept 15 of those hours.
This course expires on December 31, 2012.
|Quiz Only (35 contact hours)||HEMO0535-quiz only||35.0||$29.00||Add to Cart
|Quiz Only (30 contact hours)||HEMO0530-quiz only||30.0||$29.00||Add to Cart
|Quizzes Only A, B (15 contact hours each)||HEMO0515AB-quiz only||30.0||$29.00||Add to Cart
|Online Quiz Only (30 contact hours) (no shipping)||HEMO0530-Online quiz only||30.0||$29.00||Add to Cart