Review of Hemodialysis for Nurses and Dialysis Personnel, 8th Edition
Author: Judith Z. Kallenbach, MSN, RN, CNN
Publisher: Elsevier Mosby
Date Published: 2012
Pages: 356 plus appendices and index
Cover Type: Soft Cover
Please note: This course is for nurses only.
Review of Hemodialysis for Nurses and Dialysis Personnel provides a clear, straightforward introduction to dialysis. It's also an excellent review for the certification exam. Using an easy-to-read, question-and-answer format, this book assumes no prior knowledge in discussing the basic principles, diseases, and problems found in dialysis treatment.
Updated coverage includes the latest on water treatment, infection control, patient assessment, and the plan of care, with additional information on the management of quality and professional boundaries.
Table of Contents:
- Basic Chemistry of Body Fluids and Electrolytes
- Renal Physiology and Pathology of Renal Failure
- Clinical Manifestations of Chronic Kidney Disease
- Dialyzers, Dialysate, and Delivery Systems
- Principles of Hemodialysis
- Water Treatment
- Dialyzer Preparation and Reprocessing
- Infection Control
- Anticoagulation and Heparin Administration
- Access to the Bloodstream
- Patient and Machine Monitoring and Assessment
- Nutrition Management
- Laboratory Data: Analysis and Interpretation
- Diabetes and Hemodialysis
- Medication Problems and Dialysis
- Acute Kidney Injury and Dialysis
- Peritoneal Dialysis and Home Dialysis Therapies
- Pediatric Hemodialysis
- Chronic Kidney Disease in the Elderly
- Psychosocial Aspects of Dialysis Therapy
- Management of Quality in Dialysis Care
Please note that this course is for nurses only. There is a second course specifically designed for dialysis technicians. Dialysis technicians can find this course on our website. The order code is HEMOTECH1230.
For Nurses only
If you order this course online, you may complete the quiz online even if you ordered the shipped version.
|Book and quiz (shipped)||RNHEMO12||27.5||$78.00||Add to Cart
|Quiz only (shipped)||RNHEMO12-quiz||27.5||$29.00||Add to Cart
|Online quiz only||RNHEMO12-online quiz||27.5||$29.00||Add to Cart
|Book only (publisher's price)||RNHEMO12-book||0.0||$63.00||Add to Cart