Handbook of Neonatal Intensive Care, 7th edition
Author: Sandra L. Gardner, RN, MS, CNS, PNP, et al.
Publisher: Mosby Elsevier
Date Published: 2011
Pages: 985 plus index
Cover Type: Soft Cover
Co-authored by physicians and nurses, Merenstein & Gardner's Handbook of Neonatal Intensive Care, Seventh Edition, examines every aspect of the intensive care of the neonate, with a strong emphasis on clinical practice, evidence-based decision making, and collaborative care.
New to this edition:
- An expanded Neonatal Surgery chapter that presents many common procedures in neonatal surgery.
- An expanded chapter on follow-up care that covers outcomes management and discharge planning.
Inside you'll find:
- Full coverage of neonatal topics such as pharmacology, imaging, acid-base imbalances, pain, total parenteral nutrition, nephrology, genetic disorders, neonatal surgery, and more.
- Consistent coverage of conditions and disorders, including physiology, etiology, data collection, treatment, complications, outcomes, prognosis, and parent education.
- Evidence-based rationales and references to help you provide the most effective care.
- Highlighted clinical directions that allow you to quickly scan for key patient care information.
- Parent Teaching boxes to highlight postdischarge care of the patient.
- Critical Findings boxes to help you prioritize assessment data and steps in intial care.
Table of Contents:
In the Section A quiz:
Unit One: Evidence-Based Practice
1. Evidence-Based Clinical Practice
Unit Two: Support of the Neonate
2. Prenatal Environment: Effect on Neonatal Outcome
3. Perinatal Transport and Levels of Care
4. Delivery Room Care
5. Initial Nursery Care
6. Heat Balance
7. Physiologic Monitoring
8. Acid-Base Homeostasis and Oxygenation
9. Diagnostic Imaging in the Neonate
10. Pharmacology in Neonatal Care
11. Drug Withdrawal in the Neonate
12. Pain and Pain Relief
13. The Neonate and the Environment: Impact on Development
Unit Three: Metabolic and Nutritional Care of the Neonatal
14. Fluid and Electrolyte Management
15. Glucose Homeostasis
16. Total Parenteral Nutrition
17. Enteral Nutrition
18. Breast Feeding the Neonate with Special Needs
19. Skin and Skin Care
In the Section B quiz:
Unit Four: Infection and Hematologic Diseases of the Neonate
20. Newborn Hematology
22. Infection in the Neonate
Unit Five: Common Systemic Diseases of the Neonate
23. Respiratory Diseases
24. Cardiovascular Diseases and Surgical Interventions
25. Neonatal Nephrology
26. Neurologic Disorders
27. Genetic Disorders, Malformations, and Inborn Errors of Metabolism
28. Neonatal Surgery
Unit Six: Psychosocial Aspects of Neonatal Care
29. Families in Crisis: Theoretical and Practical Considerations
30. Grief and Perinatal Loss
31. Follow-up of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Infant
32. Ethics, Values, and Palliative Care in Neonatal Intensive Care
CCRNs: This course is eligible for new synergy model Category A.
If you order this quiz online, you may complete it online even if you ordered the shipped version.
|Book and two quizzes (A and B) (shipped)||NEO1127AB||54.0||$104.00||Add to Cart
|Book and Section A quiz (shipped)||NEO1127A||27.0||$94.00||Add to Cart
|Book and Section B quiz (shipped)||NEO1127B||27.0||$94.00||Add to Cart
|Sections A and B quizzes only (shipped)||NEO1127AB-quiz||54.0||$39.00||Add to Cart
|Section A quiz only (shipped)||NEO1127A-quiz||27.0||$29.00||Add to Cart
|Section B quiz only (shipped)||NEO1127B-quiz||27.0||$29.00||Add to Cart
|Online Sections A and B quizzes only||NEO1127AB-online quiz||54.0||$39.00||Add to Cart
|Online Section A quiz only||NEO1127A-Online quiz||27.0||$29.00||Add to Cart
|Online Section B quiz only||NEO1127B-Online quiz||27.0||$29.00||Add to Cart
|Book only (publisher's price||NEO11-book||0.0||$78.00||Add to Cart